 Off-Topic / Geek / 4470 (-10)
  Re: announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest preview)

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote: ... (...) In short, it's an application platform written for Windows. TrackDraw itself is just a self-contained executable. Unlike traditional Windows applications, it doesn't touch the registry. (...) No, but (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Matrix Weapon Tech

(...) My impression from the first movie is that after a human is no longer useful for energy production, they are pureed and fed to other humans thru IVs. You still have a net loss of chemical energy each generation though, since some carbon, (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest preview)

(...) Cool, new code! I'll have to go easy on the Microsoft bashing for a little while. By the way, what is .Net anyhow? I thought it was the latest name for SOAP (perhaps that explains the XML). And hey, since TrackDraw seems to import and export (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest preview)

(...) ... (...) I've heard about Linux-based versions of .NET, but I don't have any personal experience with them. It may be very reasonable to port to Linux -- I think the largest stumbling block will be an accurate port of GDI+, the 2D drawing (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest preview)

(...) I noticed you're using .Net So it might actually work on Linux boxes since the Framework is also available for Linux. See: (URL) for more info about a .Net framework implementation. -Frank (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Matrix Weapon Tech

(...) If you think that's a problem, consider this. How much energy do they need to produce to _feed_ all of those people? How much energy are those people capable of producing? Where do they get all the extra energy required to keep up with food (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Matrix Weapon Tech

(...) ditto (...) If I might interject and flog this dead beast some more, if there was fusion energy available, why the need for humans? If the robots had fusion technology, the only point in keeping people around would be as reactor fodder, NOT as (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: SCO -- Micro$oft's Lap Dog

(...) In fact, they haven't even given a hint as to what they are actually claiming they own! (...) Cool. I suggest you download a copy of the Linux kernel from SCO themselves, distributed under the GPL. You can get the source from: (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: CD Burn help

(...) I know, I know, replying to my own post is bad, but since no one offered help, I was lucky enough to find the answer while searching for dvd player hacks. Surprising to me, a regular CD Burner can create VCD's... I had thought you needed a dvd (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: SCO -- Micro$oft's Lap Dog

(...) woo hoo :) except that using Linux isn't enough to make you a rebel these days... uh. maybe if you were running Linux on a mac :) welcome to the fun side of the geekdom though :) you'll find that the people here are usually very friendly and (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact