 Off-Topic / Geek / 4420 (-20)
  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) Spencer look at the 1st link on this webpage for an overview of how LDraw and POV-Ray interact. (URL) online tutorials are you refering to? The ones on the ldraw site or the POV-Ray site? Have you read Conversion 101 found here: (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  CD-R System Backups for NTFS?

Hey: Has anyone used a program of any kind that will make system backups to CD-R that has a better than 50% failue rate? Having a supposed set of backup disks is not enough, have you actually backed up from the disks you created? I have tried most (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) One of the first things you need is a program like l3p, to convert the .dat files into .pov files. Programs like these can be found on the ldraw site at: (URL) L3p will give you enough of a file that yu can do a decent rendering. Should you (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  I need help with pov-ray

I would like step-by-step instructions on the software necessary to render mlcad creations in pov-ray. I have already tried to do everything by the online tutorials, but so far i have wasted 3 hours without being able to do the file conversions. It (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server

(...) documentation. (...) This is done by services like dyndns as people have explained. Probably your "gotdns.com" does this too, but I'm not familiar with them. [ -> .off-topic.geek ] (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server

(...) Probably best to ask at dyndns as they provide this functionality. ROSCO (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server

(...) I am pretty sure that this question has been answered for you twice now -- you need a service that tracks the dynamic IP, catches requests for your domain, and then redirects those requests to the dynamic IP and hence to your server. I think (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server

(...) So I guess my problems are the fact I have a dynamic IP address, and a router which has a public IP address outside, but a private IP address inside the router. The Apache server is located on private IP address, so anyone outside my network (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics)

  Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server

Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial to walk me through installing/setting up the Apache server on my Windows PC? Or can someone walk me through this via e-mail? I run Windows XP, and connect through a Linksys router to the internet with a (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Web Site Launch

(...) Also, if connectivity is provided by, for example, a cable company broadband or phone DSL provider, there is a chance that the external IP (probably "24.217.75.125") won't stay that way forever but will periodically (weekly? Monthly?) change. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: New Web Site Launch

(...) Your router is what is confusing you. It's probably not merely a router, but one of those fancy little internet gateway boxes from Linksys or Dlink or someone. Not only do they act as routers, but they also do something called Network Address (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: New Web Site Launch

(...) Well, any idea where I went wrong? I'm using Windows XP, Apache Web Server, and the domain name focusrs.gotdns.com from (URL) I connect to the internet with cable internet through a router. I thought I finally had my Apache web server working (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: New Web Site Launch

(...) no - that will never work. Any IP that starts with 192.168.x.x cannot be accessed via the internet. (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: New Web Site Launch

(...) Until I figure out what's wrong, try (URL) this page>. Click the link, and everything should show up normally. Max (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: New Web Site Launch

(...) Possibly. What's the site? That part didn't get cross-posted. [ -> .off-topic.geek ] (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: New Web Site Launch

(...) Hmmm. It should work by typing in the domain name. But I know that it doesn't work on my computer unless I type in the IP address, since I'm behind a router. But I thought (after reading LOTS of documentation to back me up) that since the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: Web Servers

(...) Oh yeah, I guess some system info would be nice, if someone wants to help me setup my Apache web server. I'm running Windows XP Home, with cable internet running through a router. Thanks for the help. Max (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: Web Servers

(...) Could you walk me through setting up the Apache to put my pages on the web? Or just a FAQ or something. I've read the documentation and Apache FAQs, and I just can't seem to understand much of it. I don't think I'm that much of an "advanced" (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: K, this guy has waaaay too much time/money/whatever...

(...) *sniff!* It's sad 'cause it's so true... Homer Simpson I mean Dave K (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: K, this guy has waaaay too much time/money/whatever...

(...) ...now, if only their other software would be so capable... ;-) Jeroen (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact