 Off-Topic / Geek / 4141
Re: Illegal Operations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 04:08:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Sean Devolites writes:
Wassssup Everyone,
Being only partly computer knowledgeable, I have a question.  What is up
with those freakin' 'illegal operation' warnings that the Windows 98 system
tends to put out for just about anything?  What makes these illegal(1) and
why the heck do they either make me have to retreive my desktop or hardboot
my cpu?  HELP ME HERE!!  I dont want to make this to long of a post, but
I've experienced these problems after:

1.  Logging out of MSN Messenger
2.  Closing windows (not the program, the internet windows)
3.  Closing paint
4.  Reading an article off of a perfectly known site

Any ideas what in the heck is up?
Hasta la Vista, Sean

(1)  Before anyone asks, I KNOW THAT I WON'T BE ARRESTED!

Well, first off for the record, I'm against upgrading.  I feel that the
lowest system you can get away with is the best.  NOT the newest.  I need
usb ports, and 95 won't work, so I have 98.  My 98 has hardly EVER, if EVER,
crashed or blue-screen-o-doom'd.  So, if 98 is crashing for you, and you
upgrade and it doesn't crash, you still fall under my philosophy.  You NEED
xp or whatever to function so it's the lowest system you need.  As for
fixing....  Did you hit the case on the side?  how bout the top?  Bang the
front a few times?  If that doesn't work, swear at it alot.  That should work.

e.