 Off-Topic / Geek / 4137
4136  |  4138
Subject:
Illegal Operations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 01:13:41 GMT

Wassssup Everyone,
Being only partly computer knowledgeable, I have a question.  What is up
with those freakin' 'illegal operation' warnings that the Windows 98 system
tends to put out for just about anything?  What makes these illegal(1) and
why the heck do they either make me have to retreive my desktop or hardboot
my cpu?  HELP ME HERE!!  I dont want to make this to long of a post, but
I've experienced these problems after:

1.  Logging out of MSN Messenger
2.  Closing windows (not the program, the internet windows)
3.  Closing paint
4.  Reading an article off of a perfectly known site

Any ideas what in the heck is up?
Hasta la Vista, Sean

(1)  Before anyone asks, I KNOW THAT I WON'T BE ARRESTED!