 Off-Topic / Geek / 4140 (-10)
  Re: Wanna' Solotrek?

(...) I'm not so sure. Is it really a good idea for the skies to be full of the same people that are driving cars today? Same goes for the Skycar. Allister (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Wanna' Solotrek?

(...) Looks like their fund-raising failed. On TechTV I'm watching a bit about how bogus bidders on ebay ran up the auction and killed it. They closed the auction because of the bids and solotrek was trying to use it to keep the business open. Looks (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Illegal Operations

(...) In short, the problem is that you need to remove Windows and install Linux. In more depth: every program running on your system is given a chunk of RAM, and is only supposed to use that specific memory area. If the program tries to write to an (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Illegal Operations

Wassssup Everyone, Being only partly computer knowledgeable, I have a question. What is up with those freakin' 'illegal operation' warnings that the Windows 98 system tends to put out for just about anything? What makes these illegal(1) and why the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Wanna' Solotrek?

(...) I'm confused...I swear this was at $6.7mil yesterday... --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu www.bldesign.org (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Wanna' Solotrek?

We all know Solotrek is closing up shop: (URL) I bet someone out there would love to get their hands on this: (URL) can you spare a dime (or 500,000)? Matt (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) Too bad some people just can't help but exalt and rave over the trilogy. Sheesh, can people ever stop complaining about the 'dialogue problems' or 'improper adaption' and 'lack of adherence to the original storyline'?!!! Let me sum this into (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) My son loved it and it got him to read "The Hobbit", so it can't be all bad! Lucas wins the goofy-names contest hands down. Tolkien, on the other hand, wins the tedious and confusing names contest: Melkor, also known as Morgoth, and named "The (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: A space physics question

(...) Great job on the .space page so far! A few points first: - in the absence of gravity, the force on the pulleys will only exist if the object in tow is continuously accelerating. Remember, accelerating can mean following a curved path as well (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.space)

  Re: A space physics question

(...) Great job on the .space page so far! A few points first: - in the absence of gravity, the force on the pulleys will only exist if the object in tow is continuously accelerating. Remember, accelerating can mean following a curved path as well (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact