 Off-Topic / Geek / 4090 (-10)
  Re: Inverse sine function in Excel?

(...) Doh! I saw that function, but I thought if was Excel's abbreviated way of calling me ASINine. Thanks--I'll give it a try. Dave! (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Inverse sine function in Excel?

(...) Try asin() (short for arcsine the name commonly used for inverse sine function) HTH ROSCO (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Inverse sine function in Excel?

As I've previously (and repeatedly) confessed, my knowledge of math is sketchy and, shall we say, somewhat organic. I have almost no recollection of many of the processes I briefly used fifteen years ago and not at all since. Well, until now. Using (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geek trivia help?

(snip) (...) Oh yeah! (...) Totally forgot about this. I don't know whether to be ashamed or glad ;) (...) These guys were priceless...Tung Lashor and Rattlor. Ah the good ol days. Cheers, -G (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geek trivia help?

(...) You took the words right out of my mouth. Good memory. Except, it wasn't Scorpina it was Pythona. Golobulus was the one who was half snake, during most of the movie he rides in a big ball shaped pod, but at the end when he is fighting Falcon, (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geek trivia help?

Embarassingly, I believe I know the answer to both of these. Yep... under the command of Hordac, The Horde was the collective name for the group of bad guys that harrassed She-Ra (He-Man's sister) in the land of Etheria. Originally the mentor of (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geek trivia help?

Skeletor and the "Evil Horde"... As far as GI Joe, Cobra was the bad guy, but I don't remember a guy that was 1/2 snake (or at least, i don't remember his name)... Couldn't cobra turn into a snake? Jennifer Quoting Dave Schuler <orrex@excite.com>: (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Geek trivia help?

Like any good geek, I ordinarily have a pretty good memory for worthless pop-culture trivia, but I'm drawing a blank. Therefore I call upon my geek cronies to help me with this vital issue: During the 80's, I believe, some cartoon or comic book or (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Curatorship

(...) Hmmm, for .geek you need the Slashdot. (URL) And perhaps that Babelfish site from altavista, easy url to remember though. www.techtv.com and www.cnet.com are good places to geek-out. www.fileplanet.com for all your geek game needs. I also have (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  For everyone who forwards email...or receives too much forwarded email

(URL) heard what the little guy said... -Tim (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact