 Off-Topic / Geek / 4090
Re: Inverse sine function in Excel?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:03:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Dave Schuler writes:

Using Al Gore's Internet and the helpful advice of people on LUGNET, I've
pieced together a basic, functional understanding of certain trig functions
and basic geometric whatnot.  One thing that's eluding me pertains to the
use of a function in MS Excel.  How do I generate an Inverse Sine function?
Using my equally handy MS Calculator, I can simply check the "inverse" box
and then click "sin" to get the figure I want, but I can't jiggle the
numbers correctly in Excel.  The "help" file isn't really helpful, and, as I
mentioned, my overall mathematical knowledge is quite incomplete.

It's not vital that I have this info, but if anyone can give a poor soul a
pointer I'd be most appreciative.

Try asin() (short for arcsine the name commonly used for inverse sine function)

  Doh!  I saw that function, but I thought if was Excel's abbreviated way of
calling me ASINine.
  Thanks--I'll give it a try.

     Dave!