 Off-Topic / Geek / 395
Re: GEEKS HELP!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 20:57:03 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) writes:

Naji Norder <n.norder@computer.org> wrote:
The hard drive is a little undersized.  With Office2000 approaching 1.0 GB, I
don't know if it would last that long.  (Depends on what you would do with it.)
Personally, I would buy a non-intel chip (and save a lot there) to splurge on a
much, much better drive.  (I don't play any of the hardcore games that work
best on intel.)

Oh, Office2k isn't that big, not unless you install every single
little thing, including maybe a ton of clipart.  I just did a
reinstall of almost the full thing yesterday (Word, Excel, Powerpoint,
Access, Frontpage) with all the templates, doo-dads, basically every
single program or add-on except PhotoDraw and the Spanish/French
support and I don't think it hit 400 megs.

All this time I thought Office2K was only 2KB, not 1GB.  <wink>

--Todd