 Off-Topic / Geek / 391
Re: GEEKS HELP!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:54:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, John Neal writes:
I didn't want to taint all of your responses.  They want $1099.  So am I
hearing that would be a good deal, maybe not a great deal?  Would *you*
touch it?

-JOhn

John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote:
COMPUTER SPECIFICATIONS:
-Pentium III 450mhz
-4.3 Gig Hard Drive

The hard drive is a little undersized.  With Office2000 approaching 1.0 GB, I
don't know if it would last that long.  (Depends on what you would do with it.)
Personally, I would buy a non-intel chip (and save a lot there) to splurge on a
much, much better drive.  (I don't play any of the hardcore games that work
best on intel.)

As long as you need all the equipment you listed, then it's fine.  If you
already have a monitor, or half the hardware, then this might not be the best
price for you.  (Upgrade might be cheaper, if you did it yourself.)

Naji