 Off-Topic / Geek / 3840 (-5)
  Re: BI Portal site re-launches!

(...) The downside to denormalizing is you have to remember to update your data in several places whenever you update it. Depending on how complex you want to make your code it can be worth it to denormalize in some places to allow quicker searches. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: The Internet (R)*

Oops...here's another (related?) story I ran across...meant to post it earlier. From SpyMac: Everyone’s favorite software company is at it again, and apparently they aren’t content with just software. According to the tech news site, The Inquirer, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: The Internet (R)*

Thanks for continuing to add articles to this Ross...much apreciated! I've been forwarding my findings to the news sites I read, and it's finally starting to pop up. This is from PowerPage.org: Palladium Consumer Oppression Scheme: Trust Microsoft? (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

(...) You will want to revisit that strategy, I think. You should always have backups of things that you consider important, and not rely on external facilities to keep them safe. Brickshelf has never ever promised that your images were backed up, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: The Internet (R)*

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact