 Off-Topic / Geek / 3745 (-10)
  Re: Elements of a brick oriented RPG

(...) Well, if computer algorithms are patentable, then the algorithms which form the core of a game system should be patentable (after all, a game system is just a "program" for "human computers"... Really, if you think about it, what is the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Good freeware newsreader for OS X?

There's also Thoth, but it might not be any nicer. (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Good freeware newsreader for OS X?

I hope you can help me. I'm looking for a good freeware newsreader that runs under Mac OS X. I tried the newsreader built into Netscape 6, but Netscape is too slow on my machine. I tried another newsreader, MT Newswatcher, it worked good, but it (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Elements of a brick oriented RPG

(...) Doh! Sorry. (...) I don't know about patents, but I have read several discussions that suggest that a game's core mechanics can not be protected IP, that only the turn of phrase with which they are explained and fleshed out can be (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Possible virus sending large emails?

(...) I don't think that's true -- the traffic impacts them directly. It's just a certain amount of work to configure, not to mention a moving target. We'll get there eventually. (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Possible virus sending large emails?

(...) Yeah; the people making the notifiers didn't think of that, obviously. (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Solid Aluminum 2x4 Bricks!

I've finally made enough aluminum bricks to start selling them. For product info, go to: (URL) if you want some cool wallpapers, go here: (URL) by late next week, I'll be making some into keychains and engraving them. Enjoy! --Bram Bram Lambrecht (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek) !!

  Re: Announcing the next LEGO Modelmaking Experience at LEGOLAND Windsor

(...) Huw is the new SlashDot - Beware! Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Elements of a brick oriented RPG

(...) Crud, you managed to respond to the one I realized was wrong and canceled... (...) There's quite possibly some slight errors. I remember the guy claimed you needed high precision computation to generate the table, it's possible he was using a (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Elements of a brick oriented RPG

(...) Um, it seems that you didn't. But I have included them and set FUT there. (...) MS Excel which is what I've been playing with to try to engineer this system. (...) Ah...there's the key. Like you say, the curve is way too steep at +/-1. I think (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact