 Off-Topic / Geek / 3653
  Re: Cute little DIY computer

(...) Did you ever buy one? How did it go? I'm asking because I just went through ordering two SV25's (the later edition) and both of them ended up being dead on arrivial. :( All my components are good but I get no POST, no drive spinning, etc. The (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Cute little DIY computer

(...) Try to disconnect everything that you don't need to get a pic on the monitor, LED's, floppy, HDD, CD etc. Just leave the CPU and memory (and the power switch if it's ATX - or use some metal to short the right jumper pins (on your own risk)). (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Cute little DIY computer

Just to update. I did some calling around and digging on the net and discovered that the old celeron processer i was using isn't supported by the system. THis wasn't mentioned from the site i ordered from or in the manual (maybe it was but it was in (...) (22 years ago, 23-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Cute little DIY computer

(...) that's too bad... I received SV25s as well and both survived my numerous mistakes. I used 1ghz P3s and Crucial 256MB. The BIOS startup on these things is superior to the ASUS P4 board I experienced. (22 years ago, 23-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Cute little DIY computer

(...) Shuttle's motherboard manual is worse than most. Why can't these manufacturers hire at least one multilingual adolescent to proofread, who would end up working at Starbuck's otherwise? "If the beeps accordingly, fabricate the motherboard in (...) (22 years ago, 23-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)