 Off-Topic / Geek / 3456
Re: A new way for geeks to move around
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 22:33:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Steve Bliss writes:

Good points, all the way around.  I could understand a new transportation
technology to replace cars, but why replace walking?

Well in the hay-day of the dot com explosion getting around the office by
walking was just not very cool.  My bet is that this is much of what had been
planned as the "target market".  Now that most of those people are on the
unemployment line or working for a "reasonable" wage the target market
evaporated... And so will this idea.

Of course if you want to make an already over weight population even more over
weight I think this is a great idea!

Eric Kingsley