 Off-Topic / Geek / 3410 (-20)
  Re: more problems with Netscrape 6.2

(...) but (...) that. (...) I actually use galeon at work now - it's based on mozilla, but trimmed down. It's not the unix way to include a mail client, news client and irc client with your web browser. galeon takes the mozilla rendering engine and (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: more problems with Netscrape 6.2

(...) He's not hung, he's just *resting*. Presumably the blossoming time meant that it was actually doing something. (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: more problems with Netscrape 6.2

Have you tried Mozilla? It's basically Netscape; still in beta (0.9.5) but very stable, highly configurable, has excellent ad- and popup-blocking capabilities, and a better mascot than anything going. Definitely worth checking out. I don't use it (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: more problems with Netscrape 6.2

I'm using 6.1 and don't have any such problems... in 6.01 was terrible, i can't believe NS put their name on such a thing! both versions however are terrible at mail handling - i frequently lose everything in all folders, it's a blast, let me tell (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  more problems with Netscrape 6.2

For some reason, Netscape has decided to hang when I close a browser window. At first it was a mildly annoying 3 second hang, but then it grew to be 20 seconds and then a whole minute. I got sick of the thing and am now using IE. Blah. ~Grand (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  The Top 15 Rejected Slogans for Microsoft Windows XP

===...=== T H E T O P F I V E L I S T We laugh hard, so you don't have to! ===...=== November 9, 2001 NOTE FROM CHRIS: The newest version of the Windows operating system is in stores (and all over your TV) now. The Top 15 Rejected Slogans for (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Help with Mac Netscape 6.2

I got it to work now.Apparently it just took an insanely long time for the lugnet server to respond with confirmation that my re-setting had worked. (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Help with Mac Netscape 6.2

(...) 6.2 from scratch, or coming from 6.1? (...) The newsreader is returning that message, or the LUGNET server? (I'm assuming you're talking about LUGNET posting, as opposed to Usenet?) (...) I don't use it regularly, but I do set up the most (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Help with Mac Netscape 6.2

Hi guys, I just decided to use Netscape 6.2 for Mac, and I've been able to set it up mostly the way I want. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the newsreader to allow me to post. It keeps giving me the message about "Please see news/post/setup" I've (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: To all my friends!

(...) Cool. Thank you to both of you--I can work with that formula. Dave! (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: To all my friends!

(...) r = sqrt[(A^2/8D + D/2 - B^2/8D)^2 + B^2/4] where: A = chord 1 length B = chord 2 length D = perpindicular distance between A and B or you could search on cyclic quadrilateral and solve for r using that mess, simplifying for the quadrilateral (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: To all my friends!

(...) I am just guessing, but don't 4 points uniquely (over) determine a circle, because any 3 noncollinear points actually uniquely determine a circle? If you can calculate the radius from any 3 non collinearpoints you can do it from this info as (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  To all my friends!

The way I show my gratitude when I receive informational help from people is by shamelessly exploiting their knowledge again, so here goes: If I know the lengths of two chords of a circle, both of which are smaller than the diameter and which are (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Busted laptop? How can I tell?

Fixed it - fan had stopped working and it was an alarm on the mainboard. That also explains why it was hot to touch after just 30 minutes :( Dan (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Busted laptop? How can I tell?

I have a laptop that starts making a continuous tone when it's turned on. I have tried removing all PCMCIA cards and it doesn't help. Sometimes the tone has little variations in it - sounds a bit like a modem, but there's no modem built-in to the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Robot 'bugs' - the new fad?

(...) Only if the other species attacks by trying to bite the enemy's eyeballs. (Yes I know that you saw it coming. I know you did. HA!) LFB (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Robot 'bugs' - the new fad?

Just like the look of these, thought I'd share the story! (URL) by this excerpt: They are designed to "herd" with their kind and battle with other species by, as Tilden himself put it, "stomping on the other one's head." Is this guy related to (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Directory listing?

(...) That's cool too, but Dan's "DIR > FILE" suggestion worked, since I had to monkey around with the information. I played with the output file and came up with what was needed. Thanks all the same! Dave! (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Directory listing?

(...) pretty close, it should be: dir >LPT1 This might not work over a networked printer, but you could always redirect the dir to a text file and print it from there. As in: dir >c:\foo.txt -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Directory listing?

(...) Hmm. You're laughing, but I think that'll do just what I need. Thanks! Dave! (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact