 Off-Topic / Geek / 3403
Re: Help with Mac Netscape 6.2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 21:48:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Mark Sandlin writes:
Hi guys,

I just decided to use Netscape 6.2 for Mac, and I've been able to set it up
mostly the way I want.

6.2 from scratch, or coming from 6.1?

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the newsreader to
allow me to post. It keeps giving me the message about "Please see
news/post/setup"

The newsreader is returning that message, or the LUGNET server? (I'm
assuming you're talking about LUGNET posting, as opposed to Usenet?)

I've been to news/post/setup, and as far as I can tell, I have my info the same
on the server and on Netscape.

Anyone know what's up with NS6.2?

I don't use it regularly, but I do set up the most recent browsers to test
web pages in. I had no trouble setting up 6.1...everything set-up and tested
fine. I can't imagine there is too much changed in 6.2 (though I haven't
upgraded yet). I'll download and install it fresh and see what I get this
evening, and let you know...