 Off-Topic / Geek / 3343
Re: Excel Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 16:10:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Christopher Tracey writes:
Thanks Steve

Nbd.

Steve Bliss wrote: • [snip]
4. Write a VB macro to figure it out.
again- I'm trying to stay within excel.  It's wierd- I've encountered so
many people in the sciences who haven't realized all the cool stuff
excel can do on it's own.

Just to be completely clear - I should have written "VBA Macro".  Which is
within Excel.  But this approach would be harder than using [h]lookup.

What I really need to do is get the font fixed on the MS help- it's
shrunk down to a very small illegible type.  Anybody got any ideas on
this? :)

Umm, I don't know about this one.  Other than making sure you've got less
than 500 fonts installed (some versions of Windows start getting confused
when there are too many fonts on the system), and that the standard fonts
are all OK, and then searching the registry for help settings.

Steve