 Off-Topic / Geek / 3344
3343  |  3345
Subject:
Web Hosting Services Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 08:19:37 GMT

Hey Y'all:

This is off topic, but may be of interest to those looking for web hosting
for their MASSIVE lego sites...

A friend of mine, a celtic folk harpist, is looking for a service to host
her website which I will be helping her design and program.  Nothing fancy
will be implemented -- just your basic html, javascripting, and such with
maybe some streaming audio in the mix.  I can't see any reason for this site
to require SSI, JSP, ASP, or any other server side stuff.  Even the
streaming audio can be of the "faked" sort with a stub file. She will
need/want approx. 20-30 MB of space without ads of any kind, unlimited hits,
a domain name, and either email redirection or an actual email account
befitting the domain name.

It has been suggested to her that she use either BestHost1 or
1dollarhosting. The former seems like overkill for her needs, and the latter
seems like it must be too good a deal to be true.

Any informed opinions or helpful advice on any of this stuff would be
greatly appreciated.

My thanks in advance,

-- Hop-Frog