 Off-Topic / Geek / 3091
Re: How do I print a File Directory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 14:37:32 GMT

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 15:42:34 GMT, "Markus Wolf" <croutons@usa.net>
wrote:
Can anyone tell me how I can print a file directory?  I suddenly have the
need, but I've never done it before.  I thought it was just a simple point
and click deal on Windows Explorer but the function isn't there.  I can
usually figure this sort of thing out, but I'm baffled this time.

More ways:

Hit the PrintScrn key and paste the image into your picture editor,
cut out the crap and print. (makes perfect CD-covers w/o much work).

Or to get rid of some of the DOS info from the dir > filename.txt tip,
Open it in M$ Word, make the text smaller (so that each line fits the
width of the document), hold down your ALT key and drag a selection
with your mouse. This way you can make a "square" selection and select
only file size, DOS name and date. Then hit DELETE. Only the "long
names" will remain. Set back the text size, print.

There is also a nifty program that can "OCR trace" the screen for text
like this, it's called Claptomania or Kleptomania. Either way it's a
killer on stuff like this! Check your local tucows site for a demo:
http://www.tucows.com

HTH
/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/