 Off-Topic / Geek / 2823
2822  |  2824
Subject:
wireless (was: Re: Pictures for set #3032 - No interest?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 04:04:26 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, "Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> writes:
In lugnet.admin.database, Todd Lehman writes:
p.s.  Just got a Cisco Aeroport 340 to talk to an Apple Airport! :)

My head tried to parse "Cisco Aeroport 340" as a LEGO set.  Three digit set
number?  Was it an old, old town set?  Given the spelling, was it a Europe-only
set?

I was very confused.

Congratulations, though.

Thanks & LOL -- ya, it's an 11Mbps wireless PCMIA LAN card.  It talks IEEE
802.something, which means it can talk to an Apple Airport as well as a
Cisco base station.  Now the only thing left to tweak is DNS settings and
mail relaying for roaming.

--Todd

[followups to .o-t.geek]