 Off-Topic / Geek / 2687
Re: Thumbnail menu CGI script
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 18:04:15 GMT

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 05:58:50PM +0000, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
I've written a perl subroutine (thanks, Paul Hartzog) which finds all the files
in a directory and returns some HTML code for thumbnails with links to those
images.  Is there a way I can modify this code so it can work with a URL
instead of a directory?  For example, so I can make thumbnail links to all the
images in my Brickshelf gallery...

no simple way - since the script assumes you have local access to the
directory...  and since there is no real way of you knowing what files are
in a directory on the webserver, unless it allows you to list them.  the
only thing you can do is write some sort of spider, that will follow all
the links on a page...  but that's a different story.

--
Dan Boger / dan@peeron.com / www.peeron.com / ICQ: 1130750
<set:157_2>:  Automatic direction changer (LEGO/SYSTEM/Trains/4.5v/Accessory Elements), '69