 Off-Topic / Geek / 2662
Re: Remaining parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 17:00:33 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Cary Clark wrote:

Yes, this is normal. Sometimes the extra pieces are used for alternative
models in the instructions or pictured on the box. Sometimes the extra
pieces are spares for easily broken pieces, such as helmet visors. Sometimes
the extra pieces are a mystery, like the R2D2 bodies in the Statue of
Liberty sculpture.

Duplicate sets always have exactly the same extra pieces.

That isn't 100% true. The pieces most often duplicated are the very
small pieces. Usually an extra one of these is included because one of

<SNIP>

them will show as 23 grams or heavier. This would then explain why I
can't recall ever getting TWO extra of a small part.

FUT: lugnet.off-topic.geek

--
Frank Filz

WOW Frank! That was rather.... long winded. What's scarier? I followed
most of it, from my University imposed, very brief exposure to
statistics. Ewe... I think I actually learned something there!

Matt