 Off-Topic / Geek / 2660 (-10)
  Re: Remaining parts

- SNIP - (...) I'm not sure how this would explain kits whose bags are mixed pieces as almost all are. The scale may indicate that a piece is missing but clearly could not indicate which piece. Am I missing something? - Jeff (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Oracle Weirdness?

(...) I'll have to check with the Mrs for clarification, but I can tell you that her manager is a tool without a solution, so I don't know how much more info is available to my wife. I'll check. Thanks for your answer! Dave! (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Remaining parts

(...) That isn't 100% true. The pieces most often duplicated are the very small pieces. Usually an extra one of these is included because one of the quality controls on the sets is the weight of each parts bag. I assume the smallest pieces are too (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Oracle Weirdness?

(...) Would have to hear more about what exactly they switched to in order to answer... the ORACLE(tm) DB doesn't impose any particular requirements (it's a tool, not a solution). But ORACLE has solution products as well, such as ORACLE Financials, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Oracle Weirdness?

My wife works for the shipping department of a local company, and recently the company as a whole switched to Oracle as a software platform. I don't know anything about Oracle, but my wife tells me that now, instead of the 6-digit account number she (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Questions about creator

(...) It is possible to get VCRs in the US which can read European tapes (PAL and I think SECAM is another format?). I think these especially started to become popular when the anime genre really started to take off. FUT: lugnet.off-topic.geek Frank (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Newer version of "lego geek code"

(...) had never bothered to test MSIE with Netscapes's version-- it works. So never mind. I'll just use the Netscape version since it works in both. Unless, that is, someone informs me that the Netscape version doesn't work with earlier versions of (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Newer version of "lego geek code"

(...) Woohoo! I figured it out... Of course it requires me to dynamically re-format the javascript code depending on what browser you're using (and it'll ONLY work for MSIE and NN). But, it works. I think. I've tested it on Netscape 4.05, and MSIE (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Interesting audio puzzle

(...) No it was just me, but the "hot" spots were definitely on the floor. In some I could rock very slightly and turn on/off the sound. They were also within a few feet of the subwoofer so it seems like there would have to be some real complex wave (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Interesting audio puzzle

(...) Umm, did you verify this with two people in the room? One moving about, one sitting still. It could be that the noise wasn't changing, but as you moved about the room, you were moving in and out of zones where the noise was audible. Sounds a (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact