 Off-Topic / Geek / 2379
Re: Arrggh!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 01:18:45 GMT

Matthew Miller wrote:

However, since MP3.com was sued for
this exact same behavior and lost, it makes me think that it's illegal.

Nah, MP3.com lost because *they* had copies to which they had no license.

Not because they had copies (that's fair use under the Audio Home Recording
Act of 1992, United States Code, Title 17, section 1008), but because they
*distributed* copies for which they had no license (17 USC s. 1103).

Chris

FUT: lugnet.off-topic.debate