 Off-Topic / Geek / 2380
2379  |  2381
Subject:
Another heirarchical DB question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 02:36:56 GMT

Hi:

First thanks to Christopher, Steve and Larry for your help with my last
question.

Here's todays question. Say that you had a list of data that needed to be not
only in heirarchical order but also each child of a given parent needed to
be in a specific order, e.g:

-- Technic

---- Cross Axles

------ Cross axle, 2L

------ cross axle, 3L

------ cross axle, 4L

------ cross axle, 5L

all of the specific cross axles are parents of the cross axle category so
how can
I assure that the DB will 'know' that they are related in a specific order, in
this case length.

Thanks for any help you can give.

-- Jim