 Off-Topic / Geek / 2210
  Screwed up newsreaders...

Just noticed a way in which Netscape Communicator 4.75 is screwed up. It determines threads solely by subject (unless I'm missing a configuration option, I remember WinVN had several options for how to handle threading which gave you a choice as to (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Screwed up newsreaders...

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:39EA3952.70C134...ing.com... (...) Outlook Express forces you to use Outlook 98 for sending email? Something weird in your config then, as OE is a full email and newsreader program and (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Screwed up newsreaders...

(...) The problem is that Outlook 98 and Outlook Express seem to use some joint configuration wrto e-mail. The result is that I have been unable to configure OE to send the e-mail itself. I think the problem may be that both applications are MAPI. (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Screwed up newsreaders...

(...) Don't get too excited about this. Forte (Free) Agent does the same thing. I suspect it's a common custom on newsreaders. I think the longest-running thread on LUGNET has the subject "test". On lugnet.off-topic.test, of course. Steve (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Screwed up newsreaders...

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:39EAF46F.3B54@m...ing.com... (...) Shouldn't really make a difference. I have a user here with both OE and Outlook 98 and they both stay out of each other's way. If you are talking about (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Screwed up newsreaders...

(...) I wasn't getting excited about it. I was bemoaning the fact that Netscape doesn't give you the choice as to whether to use strict or relaxed threads. It certainly can be more pleasant reading a thread which is broken by a broken newsreader (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)