 Off-Topic / Geek / 2212
Re: Screwed up newsreaders...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:28:31 GMT

Daniel Crichton wrote:

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:39EA3952.70C13421@mindspring.com...
will say for Netscape is that it doesn't seem to mind co-existing with
Outlook '98 as much, it also doesn't force me to send e-mail using
Outlook '98 like Outlook Express does [of course I could also look for a
different program for my primary e-mail program, but I have yet to see
one which competes well with Outlook '98, and any replacement would HAVE
to be able to import my Outlook .pst files).

Outlook Express forces you to use Outlook 98 for sending email? Something
weird in your config then, as OE is a full email and newsreader program and
doesn't even need Outlook. In fact Outlook needs OE to enable newsgroups.

The problem is that Outlook 98 and Outlook Express seem to use some
joint configuration wrto e-mail. The result is that I have been unable
to configure OE to send the e-mail itself. I think the problem may be
that both applications are MAPI.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com