 Off-Topic / Geek / 2215
Re: Screwed up newsreaders...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 08:07:49 GMT

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:39EAF46F.3B54@mindspring.com...
The problem is that Outlook 98 and Outlook Express seem to use some
joint configuration wrto e-mail. The result is that I have been unable
to configure OE to send the e-mail itself. I think the problem may be
that both applications are MAPI.

Shouldn't really make a difference. I have a user here with both OE and
Outlook 98 and they both stay out of each other's way. If you are talking
about clicking on a link in a web page and having Outlook come up instead of
OE then that's easy to fix - just change the application to run in IE
Tools -> Options menu (or equivalent depending on version of IE, could be
under View or be called Internet Options). His machine actually has 3 MAPI
applications on his desktop - Outlook 98, OE5, and Pegasus Mail.

Dan