 Off-Topic / Geek / 2083
2082  |  2084
Subject:
Any having trouble accessing lugnet.com subdomains?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 06:35:26 GMT

Someone in the Washington, D.C. area is reporting having trouble accessing
things on img.lugnet.com and news.lugnet.com...possibly some kind of DNS
confusion somewhere.  (img.lugnet.com is where images from the sets database
are served.)

Anyone else noticing any troubles?  Can anyone -not- access any of the
following?--

   http://my.lugnet.com/
   http://img.lugnet.com/
   http://news.lugnet.com/
   http://guide.lugnet.com/
   http://market.lugnet.com/
   http://members.lugnet.com/
   http://gallery.lugnet.com/

DNS on these has been up for...hmm...about a month...so it should really be
propagated everywhere it needs to be by now.  The weird thing is, the people
who are having trouble with this today weren't having trouble with it at all
earlier; it just sorta started not working for them all of a sudden.

According to server HTTP logs, things seem to be going out without a hitch.
Of course, the logs can't possibly show connection attempts that didn't even
make it to the server.

--Todd