 Off-Topic / Geek / 1982
    What's wrong with my PC? —Fredrik Glöckner
   I have an ASUS P2B based computer in an ATX box. This is the kind with auto-power off. Recently there was a temporarily power cut in my aparatement. The PC was turned off at the time. The first time I tried to start it up afterwards, it was (...) (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: What's wrong with my PC? —Selçuk Göre
   Actually you already quite guessed the problem. It is overheating CPU or MB alarm. P2B motherboards have visual (flashing power led) and audio alarms for that (beeps that you heard). Either your CPU fan is gone, or your temperature alarm limit is (...) (24 years ago, 4-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: What's wrong with my PC? —Fredrik Glöckner
     (...) I didn't hear any beep, it was more like barely audible clicking sounds. Also, the flashing power led was very irregular, so I wouldn't think it was a warning signal. It appeared more like it was coused by a shortcut or failed power supply. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: What's wrong with my PC? —Fredrik Glöckner
   (...) I checked with my BIOS, and there does not appear to be any temperature alarm limit setting. This is the Asus P2B mainboard with a fairly recent BIOS upgrade. I also reset the BIOS settings to default, but this did not help. Anyway, thanks for (...) (24 years ago, 4-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)