 Off-Topic / Geek / 1968
Re: hey ms windows folks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 15:17:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Matthew Miller wrote:

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
I was a bit disappointed about the load-time.  The whole push for this
thing (reading the website lit) is the lightweightedness of it.

Like how long of a load time?

Mozilla seems to take long (15 seconds?) to load the first time I run it
(per user) after building, but then takes 4-6 seconds. Perhaps K-Meleon has
this property too.

It's about 10 seconds to launch K-Meleon.  That's after I've launched and
relaunched a few times, so most of the files should be in the disk-cache.

I've got a tempermental Gateway e-4200.  That's a PII 400MHz, with 128MB
RAM.  Typical hard-drive.

Steve