 Off-Topic / Geek / 1880
Re: Wet rock raiders?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 05:56:58 GMT

hate to nitpick...but a rockraider ship would implode when it went down that
far....while and aquaraiders ship would explode because from some of the
vehicles...and the fact they're mining what apears to be asteroids there is
no atmosphere and since most underwater ships are designed for compression
not expansion they would simply explode.  I wonder what would happen to a
minifig though....hmmm I think some tests are in order...anyone got a
pressure cooker that can simulate 20 000 ft of presusure?

-Matt

Alan Gerber <foofoogood@hotmail.com.die_evil_unsolicited_e-mail> wrote in
message news:Fxtp3D.Ms6@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.aquazone, Nick Cameron writes:
Are there really any differances between Rockraiders and Aquaraiders? I • mean,
they both even drill for crystals!
Any aquaraider dropped off in the Rock Raiders mine place would be stuck, • and
any Rock Raider craft released at a few thousand feet under water would
explode, along with the people on it. (fact:if the camera lens on Alvin
(the sub which went to the titanic) 12,000 feet under, it would instanty
explode, since outside the water pressure was hundreds, if not thousands • of
atmospheres and the pressure on the inside many, many times less, and the
difference would cause it to explode.)
Alan