 Off-Topic / Geek / 1668
Re: Bad Choices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 12:47:20 GMT

David M. <ElectroTX@webtv.net> wrote:
Is anyone else miffed at the choice the 'standard-bearers' made?
Maybe if we .geeks band together and unite to calling scuzzy sexy, it might
be commonplace in a year....

You're not alone. <http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/SCSI.html>.
My impression is that it _was_ the geeks who came up with 'scuzzy'. It's
more amusing than 'sexy'. (Remember all the horrid advertizing surrounding
computers with 386SX and 486SX processors? Urg. No need to encourage that.)

Quotes 'R' Us                     --->               http://quotes-r-us.org/
Boston University Linux             --->                http://linux.bu.edu/