 Off-Topic / Geek / 1660
1659  |  1661
Subject:
Programming & LEGO legal stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 19:03:33 GMT

I'm planning to make a computer game, a lego related one. I'll try to
learn Pascal (please, no "Pascal sucks! Use ###### instead!"-replies)
and I have a question:
Can games be made with Pascal? I got a book (it's from 1988 so it
doesn't contain the most recent information) and found nothing about
including images etc. there. But can't games be made with any
programming language?

Now to my other thing. Since it's LEGO-related and LEGO is a
trademark/big company, can they sue me? I can't make it a shareware game
then, can I? Anders Isaksson said that if I used my own creations (it's
supposed to be a rendered game) it probably was OK, but that the minifig
was patented. Does that mean I'll have to skip the minifig pilot for my
spaceship? Do I have to include a disclaimer (I think I'll have to)?

I want to clear out this legal mess first. If I make my game and then
get sued for it after a week I wouldn't feel very happy.

--
Tobias Möller
http://i.am/tobias_m/