 Off-Topic / Geek / 1622
Re: Installing sshd?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 21:30:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
I know I'm coming off as a complete goofball, but I can't find one per se.  I
have a directory /etc/pam.d , with a bunch of config files in there.  Do I
create a file named sshd, and list the libs you've described in your example?
I *AM* a complete goofball.  It says to do exactly that in the openssh
INSTALL.

AND the portal parted, and access thereupon was granted to jsproat, and jsproat
did feast upon the access thereof, and there was much rejoicing.  And a
multitude said, yay, and many flags were waved.

Okay, so in the openssh distro there is a directory contrib/redhat , with a
file "openssh.spec".  Looking at this file, it appears to be some sort of
install script.  By reading it, I was able to discern how to install
"/etc/pam.d/ssh".

Is this file type specific to Red Hat, or is it just new to the Unix scene and
I've missed the boat again?  More importantly, how does one invoke this script?

Cheers,
- jsproat