 Off-Topic / Geek / 1341
Re: atari 800 web server
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 22:44:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Matthew Miller writes:
Kevin Loch <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote:
Those 13 odd characters are coming from the terminal server. It is attempting
to negotiate telnet options.  I can't think of any way to filter them out,
so I set the bgcolor to black :)  It screws up the interpretation of the
http header.

Hmm. Maybe you need a 386 running linux to replace the terminal server....

Or my netpliance i-opener if and when it arrives :)

Actually I 'm going into the storage room right now to try to find
an old keyboard to go with the 486 I'm going to use as the
port translator.

KL

PS: http://jadzia/~mattdm/atari800.cgi

I get a permission denied message

#!/usr/bin/perl

require LWP::UserAgent;

$browser = new LWP::UserAgent;
$browser->agent("Hi Kevin/1.0 " . $browser->agent);

$request = new HTTP::Request('GET', "http://atari800.kl.net:23");

$atari = $browser->request($request);

if (!$atari->is_success)
{
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "Uh oh. Something is broken.\n";
exit;
}

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print $atari->content;

I just went into work and tried IE5 and it interprets the
honked up http header correctly.  I wonder what netscape will do.