 Off-Topic / Geek / 1190
Re: gnome-terminal colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 20:27:37 GMT

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000 20:10:36 GMT "Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote
concerning 'Re: gnome-terminal colors':
Uhm, Hmm, I dunno.  It's what's installed by default from RHL6.1 when I click
the terminal icon at the bottom of the panel, and I like it.  What others
should I try?  Looks like xterm is somewhat configurable but I haven't read
its manpage carefully yet.  I gotta be able to set the font to Lucida Console,
preferably with ISO-8859-1 character encoding.  (I can do this with gnome-
terminal.)

Well, take a look at rxvt - I think it's installed by default in RH
6.1... one sec, yup, it is - though it's ver 2.6 instead of
2.7... nbd.  it's much smaller than xterm, according to it's manpage :)

What is MEW?

stands for "Main in the Emacs World" - it's basicly a front end to mh,
and is a pretty nifty mail/news reader.  With the huge advantage of
being able to access your mail from the command line (greps, or
whatever) and staying inside emacs (Regexp I-search!) etc... take a
look:

http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~dan/Public/mew.gif

and it's homepage:

http://www.mew.org/