 Off-Topic / Geek / 1183
Re: gnome-terminal colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:35:20 GMT

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000 01:53:22 GMT "Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote
concerning 'gnome-terminal colors':
Anybody figured out any good settings for gnome-terminal which support black
text upon a white background but still work OK with both ANSI color escape
sequences and Curses(ncurses)?

To make things to work, I've had to use Custom/Custom in the Colors tab of
Settings/Preferences and redefine black as white and white as black.  But
that seems kinda gunky.  Is there a better way?

I'm not sure why, but I can't recreate your problem...

it seems to work fine for me, unless you're trying to do something
weird with ncurses?  (I just tried pico to see if it works, and it
seems to be fine...)

look at : http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~dan/Public/gterm.gif

Dan

Dan Boger - Georgetown Institute for Cognitive and Computational Sciences
dan@giccs.georgetown.edu                                     ICQ: 1130750
Georgetown University Medical Center                       Washington, DC