 Off-Topic / Geek / *245 (-5)
  Re: Perl rules!

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) It's a bigger gun, letting you shoot bigger things or alternatively make a larger whole where your foot used to be. I too like Perl, also C++. But my preference is for things like Delphi, Jade or Forte when I (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: learning languages (was: Re: Perl rules!)

(...) job security baby. Hey, did you hear about the new Object Oriented COBOL? It's true. They've come up with a name for it! ADD 1 TO COBOL. (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Good read (Was: [faq FAQ How do I format an entry in the Lugnet FAQ?])

(...) Me too! Great stuff, Robert! Say, here's a fun tidbit about the golden ratio if you're interested -- If you plot multiples of phi on the unit interval [0,1), then the nth multiple always falls into the largest "untouched" sub-interval. That is (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: learning languages (was: Re: Perl rules!)

(...) Heh heh heh. What was your parental-unit (1) coding? My dad was basically a civvie contractor for the Army for a good chunk of his career, writing software for calibrating RADAR and RADOT hardware, though he did work at the Hanford Nuclear (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: learning languages (was: Re: Perl rules!)

(...) Sometimes I'm more reasonable. Sometimes I'm not. Not the world's best parent, but far from the worst. My children are both very not-ordinary, but in completely different ways. Steve (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact