 Off-Topic / Geek / 242
Re: learning languages (was: Re: Perl rules!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:14:10 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
By the time COBOL was developed, my dad (1)
was writing FORTRAN compilers for whatever platform he needed one on.  Or,
so the legend goes...
1.  AHA!  The source of my pro-FORTRAN biases!  :-P
Hey cool -- so you're a second-gen too?  We'll have to invent a secret
handshake.  ;-)

Heh heh heh.  What was your parental-unit (1) coding?  My dad was basically
a civvie contractor for the Army for a good chunk of his career, writing
software for calibrating RADAR and RADOT hardware, though he did work at the
Hanford Nuclear Thingy for a while.

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  Gender non-specific  :-,