 Off-Topic / Fun / 9922
  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) Well between that and the stories of walking 20 miles to school in a blizzard without shoes with backpacks that way a ton, then beleiving isn't always the easiest thing to do. : ) Hasta La Vista, Sean P.S Not to mention the fact that backpacks (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) Ahem, in my day we didn't have backpacks-- we had to carry stacks of heavy books in our bare arms! Maggie C. (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) Amazing how times have changed! Now in my age we have to wear backpacks that way a ton, and (thanks for reminding me) carry books that way a ton, AND we have to make it to class in 3 minutes! Beat that : ) Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) Yeah, yeah... and you don't have lockers either because they're afraid you'll harbor drugs or weapons, right? (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) There you go with your 2nd Amendment rant again! Dave! (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) By the way--when I saw the title of this thread I thought it said "prestidigitated pap," and I was afraid we'd get into a discussion of koalas that juggle food for their young... Dave! FUT: off-topic.odd-zoolog...l-factoids (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) As our hero once said, "I want to learn the ways of Python and become a comedian like my father." (URL) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) Okay, so we were stupider back then. And they criticize today's public schools... ;-) Bruce (who still lists to starboard because of those stupid books) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, the following is attributed to Dave! (...) Evidently if it *were* "prestidigitated pap" it would raise the level of this thread substantially on the Australian quality scale-- and I believe mention of koalas qualifies it for (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) While it may make it Oz related, I think you'll find the usage actually will incur penalty points, among that group at any rate. You should have seen the uproar when Katie Couric "adopted" a baby wallaby when she was in Oz for the Olympics... (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) Wow. Yeah. I guess you're right Lar. But hey, what do I know-- I post lots of stuff to .market. Maggie (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) The key element to the old walking-to-school-in-snow story is that it also involved going uphill *both* ways. ...Something that I *did* have to do when I was younger... As for backpacks, I was one of the dorky kids who realized very early on (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) No, we have lockers. The fact of them always opening and closing is another matter though... Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) (with fake Irish accent) It all comes down to the little people, doesn't it? : ) Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) Hey, I *technically* used to have to do that back in Elementary School! (ah those were the days, why I remembe... Wait a sec, I'm starting to sound like you guys! : )) You see, we lived at the top of the hill, so you walked downhill halfway, (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) A-heehee! ...Hey wait, are you saying I'm old?? ;o (...) Yeah, that was basically what I had, except there was a yellow school bus mixed in there somewhere too. As for the ice, that added to the fun. My parent's driveway is about 900 feet long (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) (rubs chin) possibly... : ) (...) Lucky. But at least you had the bus! I had to walk the whole way! oh, and slipping on black ice may be fun in a sled, but when your backpack is really heavy and you slip, and fall on your face, and then try to (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)