 Off-Topic / Fun / 9842 (-20)
  Re: Don't have to about LEGO to be geeky...

Fark is where I first saw the picture this morning...some of those people "photoshoping" the image have way too much time on their hands...valuable time that could be spent sorting bricks :) jt (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Don't have to about LEGO to be geeky...

(...) Hmmm, look, today Fark did a photoshop contest of that pic. Funny stuff here. Anything with about Ellen Feiss I find hilarious. Beep beep beep. Give the page time to load, it's a biggie, it's worth it! (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Makes me pine for a bit of cheese...the return of Wallace and Gromit

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Makes me pine for a bit of cheese...the return of Wallace and Gromit

Yay! I didn't see this on the official site. The IMDB entry for 2004 on "The Great Vegetable Plot". (URL) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Makes me pine for a bit of cheese...the return of Wallace and Gromit

"Wallace and Gromit are back in their first screen outing for six years. BBC News Online exclusively presents Soccamatic, one of 10 short films, revealing Wallace's latest inventions. Soccamatic is free to watch or download from this site. Unable to (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Don't have to about LEGO to be geeky...

(...) I want to meet the guy in the propellor beanie. Anyone ever build one of those (partly) out of you know what? (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Don't have to about LEGO to be geeky...

(...) :-( Not *everyone*... sadly, PLUG was late in its formation, and the url we wanted had alread been taken by the Portuguese LINUX Users Group. Too bad for us :-/ Pedro (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Don't have to about LEGO to be geeky...

(...) approached by the local group of Richmond Linuxians* who would like us to give it up to them. Like heck we will. EVERYONE knows that a LUG is a LEGO Users Group. Duh! Greg *I'm sure they look remarkably similiar to the NY group. (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.org.us.richlug)

  Re: Don't have to about LEGO to be geeky...

(...) Wow, at first glance I thought that was an orangutan wearing a propeller hat sitting behind a young Bill Gates. -Rob. (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Don't have to about LEGO to be geeky...

I guess any group with LUG in the title is full of "geeks", just doesn't have to be about LEGO. (URL) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.org)

  Resisting the impulse

Hey Y'all: Who should I see in line at the beer stand at the Ren Faire in Novato this weekend but George Lucas! My SO pointed him out to me standing a few feet away, and I joked that we should go get our money back from him for these last two *great (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Several drawings posted. Story related, etc.

(...) Yeah, a lot of my drawings were done over scrap paper, so I had to use a cardboard backing (from my physics class) to block out any print from the backside, when I placed it on the scanner. (...) Well, for now, everything is in writing, and (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Several drawings posted. Story related, etc.

(...) Wassssup (...) b/c it could just be me but I see the term Physics Formulas at the side : ) (...) Dang you draw good! Is the story going to be illustrated like that or are you gonna' change it into a lego story? Anyways, they all look great. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Several drawings posted. Story related, etc.

Hello. I just recently scanned a bunch of the old drawings I had laying around in my folder, and I thought I could share them with the lugnet community. Anyway, these drawings are related to my lego story, a current work in progress, mostly (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.people)

  Slow news day, here are some links for ya'll

Usually there are some good links in this newsgroup, entertaining funny stuff. Since it's been a while since I've seen some, here are some of mine. This is just a funny flash site. (URL) to watch each week, especially if you live in the (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Death of the Old Guard

(...) You are absolutely correct that Anthony is a great contibutor around here. I ththink my specific comments about taking action to correct in imperfections of the group (rather than complaining) were intended as a more general statement, not (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Death of the Old Guard

(...) realize for a second who you are replying to: Anthony has done as much as anyone in the past six months to keep lugnet.castle going, in a word: complete the Epic of Ikros, as well as begin on a new Epic. And he is continuing to do inspiring (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Death of the Old Guard

(...) As has been discussed elsewhere in this thread, HP & SW have some useful pieces for non-traditional Castle building (i.e. non fortified structures), but there's also a lot of elements that are not useful unless you also build in other themes. (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Death of the Old Guard

(...) Hi Erick! Thanks for the enthusiasm. I know I'm jumping in a little late on this, but I agree with you. I don't think castle is dead at all! I've seen some wonderful creations around here as of late. While it may never be as busy as the "olden (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Not the Green party...

(...) THere was a report on my local NPR (NW Ohio) this morning that some company is marketing a similar cure for West Nile Virus as well. Maybe mosquitos can't see you in that spectrum? -c (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact