 Off-Topic / Fun / 9707 (-10)
  Re: SUVs (was: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...)

(...) See also (URL) have a Durango. I hate it, it gets very poor mileage. But we needed the number of seats it had as well as the trailer capability. Jo and I fight about whether she should drive it all the time. I argue that she should drive our (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: SUVs (was: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...)

(...) All wheel drive equipped vehicles (Subarus, Mercury Mountaineers, etc.) have a center differential between the front and rear axles. 4WD equipped vehicles do not and shouldn't be driven over road with the 4WD engaged. -Rob. (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Death of the Old Guard

(...) Here you encounter my first problem: for those of us who don't buy Harry Potter or Star Wars or studios monsters on principle (me) theres not much left. (...) Not if I can help it! (...) Well let people do what they want, but I would guess (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  SUVs (was: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...)

(...) What's the story with SUVs and all this angst? I bought a Toyota RAV4 (I know, a baby SUV) the second year they were out and I drove it around town, on 20,000 miles of highway road trips and up 40 degree dirt and rock inclines. It was a great (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Death of the Old Guard

(...) ...or maybe we have less time over all, and spend more of it building, and less of it talking... James If those newcomers up there are the old guard, what does that make me? Fossilized? ;p (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...

Thats's a special case ;-) Though you should have a Turbo Diesel Ram or other monster truck as your tow vehicle. Then again, if you have a Dodge Ram, that's not an SUV anyways. Not by the "real" definition ("Yuppiemobile that never has dirt on it (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Death of the Old Guard

(...) I was about to say I wouldn't call myself old guard on castle, but I looked for my first message on Castle and it is #15. Still, I'm not old guard in the way the others were: my interest in Lego (besides an activity I do with my son) is (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Death of the Old Guard

(...) I don't even make the list(::weeping::)? What about Mookie(::grumble::)? How about Bruce (who recently had the castle poll)? ::sigh:: I think we are still here, maybe there's just nothing to talk about... ...maybe there's other stuff to talk (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Death of the Old Guard

(...) Nah, it isn't exactly dead, I would just say dormant at the time. I guess that's because the lego castle releases have lagged recently, and space, well you know... (...) Hmm...couldn't agree much more than that, to tell you the truth, I can't (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Death of the Old Guard

I don't think Lego Castle is dead. I also don't think Harry Potter is castle, but rather just castle fodder. However, I submit to you that it is not Lego Castle that is dieing, but rather Lugnet.castle. The old guard is all but gone now. Just about (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact