 Off-Topic / Fun / 9393
Re: Star Wars Questions....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 16:11:33 GMT

First, Padme Amadala is a senator now?  Why is she still not Queen?  Did I miss
something in Episode I?

Queens on Naboo apparently serve brief terms, not for life.  Padme's an ex-Queen
who's been elected Senator, something akin to a politically active ex-President.

Second, the Slave I ship.  Last year LEGO released 7144 Slave I, right?  That's
Boba Fett's (Jango's son?) ship.  This year, they released 7153 Slave I.  Is
this supposed to be the same ship?  If not, why are they named the
same...shouldn't Boba's be Slave II?  Or, if they are the same...did LEGo just
update the design?  Do they look the same in the movies?

That's my best take on it...of course, why Boba would remove a couple hundred
pieces from his father's ship eludes me. ;P

Third, is the head senator the same person who turns out to be the emporer in
the later (earlier) three movies?

You mean Supreme Chancellor (formerly Senator) Palpatine?  He might have a
relationship to Emperor Palpatine, yes, especially considering that Lucas
specifically hired Ian MacDiarmid (the man who played the Emperor) to play
Senator Palpatine.

And he does bear a passing resemblance to Darth Sidious too, doesn't he?

Fourth, do the clones fight for the Republic?  Who asked they be made?  Why?
They seem to fight for the republic in this movie...does that change?

Now that's the interesting part; I believe it's one of the first things Obi-Wan
asks the prime minister on Kamino.  He's told that they were ordered by a Jedi
Master who, *quite* conveniently, died almost ten years ago.  (Ten years ago:
right after Episode I, when the Trade Federation *fails* to start Darth Sidious'
war for him.)  As the clones were ordered for the Republic, they do indeed fight
for it.

Although, quite conveniently, they're now under the direct command of Supreme
Chancellor Palpatine.  Who wouldn't have had an army to activate in the first
place if it hadn't been for the foresight of that conveniently dead Jedi Master.