 Off-Topic / Fun / 9394
Re: Star Wars Questions....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 16:36:29 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Thomas Main writes:
I'm not a huge Star Wars or sci-fi fan, but I did just see the new movie.  I
have a few questions that I hoped some of those steeped in SW mythology might
help me answer.

First, Padme Amadala is a senator now?  Why is she still not Queen?  Did I miss
something in Episode I?

Lucas has an interesting notion of a democratic election for Queen on Naboo.
They have term limits and all the stuff that would be considered President.

Second, the Slave I ship.  Last year LEGO released 7144 Slave I, right?  That's
Boba Fett's (Jango's son?) ship.  This year, they released 7153 Slave I.  Is
this supposed to be the same ship?  If not, why are they named the
same...shouldn't Boba's be Slave II?  Or, if they are the same...did LEGo just
update the design?  Do they look the same in the movies?

They are the same ship, are you sure you saw the movie?

Third, is the head senator the same person who turns out to be the emporer in
the later (earlier) three movies?
You mean Palpatine?  Hmm, the Emperor Palpatine in later movies MAY be the
same person (likely) or there may be a deeper issue with CLONES going on...

Fourth, do the clones fight for the Republic?  Who asked they be made?  Why?
They seem to fight for the republic in this movie...does that change?
Let's see...  Are you sure you saw the movie?  That is all covered by the
Ep. 2 movie.  Obi-Wan is hot on the trail of all this info for most of the
movie  In Ep. 2 Yoda leads the Clone army that was called by the Chancelor
(head senator) Palpatine who Jar Jar Binks had the nerve to propose
emergency military powers for (Jar Jar has a purpose!!  He creates the
EMPIRE!!!).  The Republic is to become an Empire officially by the movie
Star Wars A New Hope, we hear of this aboard the Death Star from Tarkin.

I saw Episode I...but can't really remember much about it...what happened in
Ep. I that effects events in Ep. II and the over three movies....can't think of
anything off hand....

This just goes to show you how bad a storyteller Lucas has become, his
stories are buried in special effects and cg and the character interaction
is about as deep as a cheap Playstation RPG game dubbed in English.
My suggestion to all Star Wars fans is to read the books and pray that Lucas
gets somebody to do the script and dialoge for Ep. 3 for him.

Any answers that you can provide would be most enlightening.  Thanks.

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@hotmail.com