 Off-Topic / Fun / 9399
Re: Star Wars Questions....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 05:31:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Chris Klint writes:
I was under the impression that the *DEAD* Jedi Master was actually Dooku.
The order just told people he was dead. He ordered the clones and erased all
information on Kamino, then lef the order and joined Sidious. After that he
started the separtatist movement and formed the droid army with the help of
the trade federation and their hatred of sidious.

Hard to tell, honestly...I looked up the name to see if I heard right, and the
Kamino prime minister identifies one "Master Sido-Dyas" as having placed the
order.

Correct - but I heard (pron.) si-dio-ti-us.  To me, sounds like Sidious,
and, though we haven't yet discovered the truth, the dead Jedi is probably
Sidious, who faked his death after being seduced by the dark side and
hatched his evil plan.  Or, Palpatine, a born and raised sith, killed
Sidiotius to use his name.

For my part, I ruled out Dooku because Jango says he was recruited by "a
man named Tyrannus."  Not that Dooku can't have more than one alternate
identity, of course, but based on the film I gave that one a smooth >application of Occam's Razor. :)

If you ever go to see it again, listen closely to the Dooku-Sidious
conversation.  Sidious calls Dooku "Darth Tyrannusis" or something close.
So yes, Dooku has his own set of aliases and he is the one who recruited
Jango Fett.

Now the question now one knows, who sabatoged the jedi computer? Jedi Knight
Sidiotius (who's now Sidious), Darth Sidious (who snuck in unbeknownst to
others) or Darth Tyrannusis (Dooku).  All are good theorys, because a three
are possible.  Here's why:

Jedi Knight Sidiotius: Was jedi but faked death.  Access easy before death.

Darth Sidious: Has fooled the Jedi for years about his plot, should be easy
to delete a computer entry

Darth Tyrannusis: Was once a trusted Padawan of Yoda and good guy.

...but it's ultimately immaterial to the larger scope of the plot.

True, but you will never fully understand SW until you fully understant all
of the twisted plot.  That will come with movie reasearch beyond the seeing
the movie and a new sixth movie to complete the story, EpIII.

Jeremy