 Off-Topic / Fun / 9392
Re: Star Wars Questions....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 16:06:40 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Thomas Main writes:
I'm not a huge Star Wars or sci-fi fan, but I did just see the new movie.  I
have a few questions that I hoped some of those steeped in SW mythology might
help me answer.

First, Padme Amadala is a senator now?  Why is she still not Queen?
Did I miss something in Episode I?

Maybe. "queen" is apparently an elected, limited term, position. She
supposedly served two terms and then stood for election (was appointed?) as
senator instead.

Rather hazy/dodgy if you ask me. But see the link that Erik O posted in
ot.debate... very good analysis of SW political/socio/economic flaws.

The rest I will let others answer, some might be construed as spoilers.