 Off-Topic / Fun / 9391
Re: Star Wars Questions....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 16:06:35 GMT

First, Padme Amadala is a senator now?  Why is she still not Queen?  Did I miss
something in Episode I?

Yes.  Queen is elected on Naboo and her term ran out.  She references term
limits in Episode II.

Second, the Slave I ship.  Last year LEGO released 7144 Slave I, right?

It's the same ship, though Boba Fett made a number of modifications before
it appears in Empire Strikes Back.  I guess Lego just wanted to do a better
design--and needed a mid-size set to fill out the product line.

Third, is the head senator the same person who turns out to be the emporer in
the later (earlier) three movies?

Considering he's referred to as Emperor Palpatine in the later movies and is
played by the same actor in Return of the Jedi, I'd be inclined to say yes. =)

Fourth, do the clones fight for the Republic?  Who asked they be made?  Why?
They seem to fight for the republic in this movie...does that change?

Not going to address this because it's spoiler for those who haven't seen Ep
II yet--but all the info was contained in the movie.

Peter