 Off-Topic / Fun / 9172
Re: Grammar Police again (was: Alpha Team ).
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 06:26:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
I loved the bit about needing another bracket to close off after the smiley,
this is something I grapple with all the time!  Usually my smileys are
within the "()", and being a pedantic sort of person I always want to put
the closing ")" on after the smiley but this ends up giving it a double
chinned sort of look!  Consequently, I'm never sure which is the better route...

I've grappled with that one, too [I've tried square brackets, but then the
comment ends up looking like an editorial comment, rather than a
parenthetical one ;-)].

Maybe squiggly brackets ({}) would help?

Cheers

Richie (and that full stop after the ";-)" makes it look like I'm dribbling ;-).