 General / 36178
Re: Alpha Team .
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 05:05:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dustin Tucker writes:
At 04:19, on Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Mike Petrucelli wrote:

In lugnet.general, Derek Robinson writes:
Hi all I am 29 years old and I was wondering if I make a lego alpha team
prodect ?? would that be a lil wierd ?? Becuse I liek the ships. and • figures
:)

If you make a lego alpha team PRODECT that might be copyright infringement.
Building a Lego alpha team product should be fine though.
I think if you LIEK ships, it is a LIL WIERD.  However I think if you like • the
ships that is not a little weird at all.

Serious question is English your first language?  After all there are adult
Lego fans in many countries.

-Mike Petrucelli
(sorry the grammer police are out in force tonite ;-)

Well, good, but really, you're questioning his spelling. (Sure, his
grammar's bad, but you were just pointing out his spelling errors). That
said, I find it horribly amusing that you misspelled "grammar" and wrote
"tonite" instead of "tonight"

Well, as the ;-) was meant to indicate that the errors in the last "thought"
(not really a sentence, mind you) were intentional.

but took Derek to town on "lil." Further,
"Serious question is English your first language." is not a complete
sentence.

Well that was definitely as case of "open mouth insert foot here."

I think your post could have used a couple more commas, but
that may just be personal preference. Finally, the last line of your
post could use a capital; I'm fairly certain there should be a comma
between "sorry" and "the"; assuming ";-)" is a smilie, you need to
close the parenthetical remark; and you should have a period somewhere
in there to end the sentence.

Anyway, this is my first post here, though I've been

lruking • :-)
for a
little bit, but this sort of thing really bothers me. If you're going to
make fun of someone's spelling or grammar, you better be sure your post
is flawless.

Yes, I succeeded in "burning" myself.

-Mike Petrucelli (who never professed to be perfect)