 Off-Topic / Fun / 9057
Re: The "Unknown" Santa Fe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 04:34:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allan Bedford writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allan Bedford writes:
In lugnet.trains, Rick Clark writes:

Who's off to the Grammar Rodeo in Canada.

There is such a thing? Sounds twisted, do you have a link to share???

Sure there's such a thing.  You mean you've never competed in it?

If you're interested in tickets let me know, I'll give you my Paypal ID so
that you can send money.

I also accept Canadian Tire money at par.

I actually HAVE some of this, believe it or not. But it would cost you more
than par to get it, since it's collectible.

Some of the older stuff is, yes.  A sub-culture of scripophily I believe.

But as for the current stuff, well we Canadians collect it only long enough
to spend it on something.  :)

Canadian Tire money is a wonderful part of our country's culture that ranks
right up there with Timmy's coffee.  Former residents of Hamilton will
surely agree with this statement.  :)

If you're still not sure about all the details, take a minute to search the
web for O.S.R.'s.   (Obsure Simpsons References)

I went and looked but didn't find ANY Obsure references, Simpsons or
otherwise...

Try a Google search on:

"grammar rodeo" simpsons

one of the hits brought back this page, including quotes from the episode:

http://grammarrodeo.editthispage.com/faq

Hope that helps explain the reference.

All the best,
Allan B.